- Where can I take ski lessons on the Plateau de Retord ?
– The French Ski School of Les Plans d’Hotonnes organises alpine skiing lessons (individual, groups, club pioupiou), cross-country skiing (classic, skating, individual, group) and initiation to biathlon on reservation.
- How many ski slopes are there in Les Plans d'Hotonnes?
The Plans d’Hotonnes resort is composed of 13 slopes and 9 ski lifts for a run length of 15 km. See the slope map by clicking here.
- Is it possible to go for a dogsled ride on the Plateau de Retord?
– Dog sled rides are available for individuals in Cuvery upon reservation. The practice for individuals is conditioned to the weight of the participants that can be supported by the dogs.
- Where to rent sledges in Les Plans d'Hotonnes and Lachat ?
– It is possible to rent sledges on the Plateau de Retord at the stores Servi’Nature, Berthet Sports in Les Plans d’Hotonnes and at the Centre Montagnard in Lachat.
- Is there a charge for the sledging in Les Plans d'Hotonnes and Lachat?
– No, access is free of charge.
- Where to find a restaurant along the snowshoeing trails of the Plateau de Retord?
– The Ferme de Retord is located on the R6 and R10 trails from Cuvéry and la Chapelle. It is also accessible by cross-country skiing from Les Plans d’Hotonnes, Cuvéry and La Chapelle. The other places of restoration are located at the level of the various doors of departure.
- Can I walk on the snowshoeing trails with my dog?
– Dogs on a leash are allowed on the snowshoeing trails as long as their owners pay for the snowshoeing pass.
- Do we have to buy a pass to practice snowshoeing on the Plateau de Retord?
– Yes, the fixed price is mandatory for snowshoers and pedestrians using the marked trails of the Plateau de Retord and Lachat. This fee allows, among other things, the preparation of the trails, the maintenance of the markings and the intervention of first aiders in case of need.
- Is it possible to make a snowshoeing trip with a guide?
– Numerous themed snowshoe outings (snowshoeing fondues, snowshoeing apéros, snowshoeing well being, adventure…) are organized during the winter by the ski school of Les Plans d’Hotonnes and Montagne Aventure.
- Do I need snow tires to access Les Plans d'Hotonnes and Lachat?
– It is now mandatory to equip your vehicle with winter tires, 4 seasons or to have chains or snow winter socks in your vehicle from November 1 to March 31 to access the ski resorts.
- Are the roads leading to the Plateau de Retord stations cleared in winter?
– Access roads to ski resorts are regularly plowed and salted to facilitate your access.
In addition to the mandatory equipment, we recommend that you adopt a smooth driving style, anticipate as much as possible, keep control in turns, respect safety distances, limit sudden braking and accelerate gradually.
- How to mount chains on your car?
- Where can you recharge an electric car near the Plateau de Retord?
– The nearest charging stations are located in Belley, Oyonnax, Pont d’Ain and Ambérieu-en-Bugey.
- Where to find toilets in Plans d'Hotonnes ?
– Several toilets are available in Les Plans d’Hotonnes: at the Refuge cafeteria at the foot of the alpine ski slopes, at the back of the Maison des Plans at the start of the Nordic ski slopes as well as at the entrance sign of the resort.
- Where to withdraw money near the Plateau de Retord?
The nearest distributor is located in Champagne-en-Valromey.